Latest posts by Kyrylo Taranenko (see all)
- How to Import Your Email and Collaborate On Communication With The Rest of Your Team - April 30, 2020
- A Collection Of Video Guides To TimelinesAI - April 28, 2020
- How to Collaborate On Email and Whatsapp Messages As a Team In TimelinesAI - April 13, 2020
Welcome to TimelinesAI!
Here are the most common cases when the app may be useful for you:
💬 Your team can view and reply to all the important messages from Whatsapp and email in one place. This is especially useful for share the load on Whatsapp inquiries from your clients, as you may invite your teammates and exchange access to chats, write comments, and set reminders to follow up on specific messages.
👉 Timelines enables you to retain a history of messaging with your clients in a structured, accessible, and eye-friendly view. Even in 5 years, you’ll be able to easily find the most important messages and files to freshen your memory or onboard new members into the communication with a long-term client.
🔗 You may easily review or share messages within your team which makes it perfect to report your communication and keep your team updated. Reviewing the Timeline is much more convenient than being cc’d to every conversation. Not to mention that this is the only way to update each other on communication with clients on Whatsapp if you use it.
How to Connect And Share Whatsapp Chats With Your Team
The process is simple and works just like on Whatsapp Web. In case you missed this step during the onboarding, or want to set the system to only sync selected chats and not everything, navigate to the Whatsapp tab and press “Connect new Whatsapp account”. Scan the QR code with the Whatsapp application on your phone, and it will connect automatically.
You’ll see this screen, with the list of chats from your Whatsapp number and some settings:
By default, once you connect your Whatsapp number to TimelinesAI, all the new messages, replies, and created chats will get synched into the app automatically. Note that the history of the chat will not be uploaded until you press “Load More”. This means that messages and chats from your number will be accessible to other members of the workspace.
In case some of your chats are private, we have the option to select the work-related chats. Mark the work-related chats as “enabled” to sync them into the system. The “Disabled” chats won’t go into the app and will remain private.
The Sync new chats option above the list enables the system to automatically sync all the new chats that were started after you connected the WA number to TimelinesAI, so you won’t need to go and mark them to be synced every time. It is more useful to users with WA numbers that contain only work-related chats. However, if this option is turned on and you will start a private conversation, it will be synced into the app as well.
Create new Timelines automatically means that the system will create a folder for such new chats automatically. By default, these folders will be named by the chat that got imported from your Whatsapp. You can always rename it later.
How to Sync Email Communication Into The App
TimelinesAI enables you to sync your email and/or mix it with the Whatsapp chats in case it revolves around the same topic.
There are two ways to import your email:
- Add-on for G-mail (get it on G-Suite Marketplace)
- Automatic email forwarding (learn how to set it up in this article)
If you want to learn more details of how each of the options works, read this detailed article or watch the video below:
How to Invite Your Teammates Into the Workspace
TimelinesAI distinguishes between Team access and Guest access. The main difference is, Guests only get access to view and can’t change, update or remove anything from your Timeline or Workspace. Users invited as your Team members can change things according to their role and level of access.
By default, when you register an account within the app, you get the role of an owner with full rights. There also are:
- Teammate – can view any Timeline in the Workspace, update or edit them. Can’t delete the Owner.
- Collaborator – can view only the Timeline(s) they were specifically shared access to. All the other Timelines will not be visible to them. Collaborators can only update the Timelines they were invited to, and only edit the content created by them. This role is useful for work with contractors or people from other teams.
- Guest – can only view the Timeline or page they were invited to. Can’t update, change or remove anything from the Timeline or Workspace. This role is handy when you need to share the information with someone from outside of your organisation.
When you invite a user into your Workspace, they get the Teammate role. You may change their role and the level of access in the Team menu of the Workspace tab.
That’s pretty much everything that you need to get done to start working with your team. In case you want to learn more about the collaboration options in TimelinesAI, this article will help you:
If you have any other questions or want to share feedback, please reach out in chat in the right bottom corner of your screen.
I’ll be glad to hear from you!