Mass messaging troubleshooting
Via Timelines, you may upload the custom CSV list to send the Mass messaging campaign on Whatsapp to your contacts. Make sure the CSV has at least one column with the title “Phone”, that contains valid phone numbers in international format. You can use data in additional columns as variables for personalized messaging.
If you open your CSV file in excel and it is shown as a single continuous text without column divisions like this:
In this case, you need to:
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns:
3. Select the Delimiters for your data. And choose Comma. You can see a preview of your data in the Data preview window.
Your file is ready! Select Finish.
When you enter/export phone numbers into your CSV file and struggle with the issue of the wrong format of numbers like this:
You can easily change it in excel or google sheets:
- Select the cell or range of cells that you want to format.
- From the Home tab, click the Dialog Box Launcher next to Number:
3. In the Category box, choose Custom and type the proper phone format +00000000:
Tips to avoid WhatsApp blocking
Blocking a WhatsApp account is solely on the Whatsapp side and depends on many factors:
- The message is flagged by recipients as spam;
- Using brand new WhatsApp numbers for mass messaging.
If you encounter such a problem, we recommend you contact WhatsApp support and ask to unblock your account.
Here are some tips that help to avoid blocking:
- Don’t use brand-new WhatsApp accounts;
- Avoid attaching files and links;
- Avoid very long text;
- Try sending personalized messages, it will improve the recipient’s perception.
If you still have any technical difficulties with your TimelinesAI, please contact us in chat at the right bottom corner of your screen, or send us an email at email@example.com, and we will be happy to help you out.