WhatsApp and Zapier automation #7: Create Salesforce leads from new incoming chats in WhatsApp
WhatsApp & Zapier Automation Overview
If you want to automatically create leads in Salesforce for new incoming chats from WhatsApp, then use this step-by-step guide. This Zapier template will automatically create a new lead in Salesforce when you receive a new WhatsApp message.
- This automation is available as Zapier & WhatsApp template for quick setup with TimelinesAI.
- Native Zapier integration is available on all TimelinesAI plans.
- You can try it on a free trial right now! No credit card or additional setup is required, it works with all WhatsApp numbers.
Learn more about WhatsApp and Zapier integration
Step 1: Create a new Zap
For illustration purposes, we’ll be creating a Zap that automatically creates a Salesforce lead whenever a new incoming chat is received in WhatsApp.
However, you may change the triggers and actions, available within their respective drop-down menus on Zapier, depending on your needs.
Log into Zapier and then create a Zap by adding the information required in the respective fields like this:
Once you are done, you may click on “Try it”. This will take you to a section where you’ll be able to select the Salesforce account that you’ll use. Zapier will ask your permission to access information from Salesforce. Once you approve it, Zapier will proceed and gather data from your Salesforce account.
Step 2: Connecting TimelinesAI account
After you finish step 1, Zapier will ask you for your TimelinesAI account. To connect TimelinesAI account, you need to:
- Go to the TimelinesAI account;
- Click on the “Integrations” tab on the sidebar;
- Choose “Zapier Integration“, where you’ll need to click on “Generate new token“:
You’ll then go back to Zapier and continue the process by pasting that token into this text box:
This will allow Zapier to load your WhatsApp account – make sure to select your account there and then click on “Next”.
Step 3: Testing your WhatsApp & Zapier Automation
Once you click on “Send test”, Zapier will create a Salesforce lead whenever a new incoming chat is received in WhatsApp.
After you have confirmed that the lead was created, you may go back to Zapier and proceed to the last step by clicking on “Next”. This will take you to a section where you can double-check the details you just entered here, and then you may turn this Zap on.
And that’s how you create a Zap that automatically creates a Salesforce lead whenever a new incoming chat is received in WhatsApp. You’ll be able to review this on Zapier by clicking on “Zaps“.
Step 4: Check out other ready-to-use WhatsApp and Zapier Automations
- How to Use WhatsApp for eCommerce to increase sales? - November 27, 2023
- Easy Steps to Get the Green Tick Verification on WhatsApp - November 21, 2023
- WATI alternatives: TimelinesAI multi-number WhatsApp management solution - November 15, 2023