Unleash the potential of WhatsApp and Zapier integration. Explore the seamless integration and discover new ways to optimize your business workflows.
WhatsApp & Zapier Automation Overview
If you want to notify your team in the Slack channel about a new message on WhatsApp, then use this step-by-step guide. This Zapier template will send an automatic notification to the Slack channel when you receive a new WhatsApp message.
– Native Zapier integration is available on all TimelinesAI plans.
– You can try it on a free trial right now! No credit card or additional setup is required, it works with all WhatsApp numbers.
Step 1: Create a new Zap
For illustration purposes, we’ll be creating a Zap where automated notifications are sent to Slack when you receive new messages on WhatsApp. However, you may change the triggers and actions, available within their respective drop-down menus on Zapier, depending on your needs.
Log into Zapier and then create a Zap by adding the information required in the respective fields like this:
Once you are done, you may click on “Try it”. This will take you to a section where you’ll be able to select the Slack account that you’ll use. Zapier will ask your permission to access information from Slack. Once you approve it, Zapier will proceed and gather data from your Slack account.
Step 2: Connecting TimelinesAI account
After you finish step 1, Zapier will ask you for your TimelinesAI account. To connect TimelinesAI account, you need to:
1. Go to the TimelinesAI account;
2. Click on the “Integrations” tab on the sidebar;
3. Choose “Zapier Integration“, where you’ll need to click on “Generate new token“:
Make sure to click on that token, so it can be copied to your clipboard.
You’ll then go back to Zapier and continue the process by pasting that token into this text box:
This will allow Zapier to load your WhatsApp account – make sure to select your account there and then click on “Next”.
Step 3: Customize your WhatsApp message
Zapier will ask you for information about the message. The information that you’ll enter here are variables that will be preloaded from your WhatsApp account, as you can see here:
Step 4: Testing your WhatsApp & Zapier Automation
Once you click on “Send test”, Zapier will send an automated message that will be visible on TimelinesAI and Slack.
After you have confirmed that the message was sent, you may go back to Zapier and proceed to the last step by clicking on “Next”. This will take you to a section where you can double-check the details you just entered here, and then you may turn this Zap on.
And that’s how you create a Zap to send notifications to Slack channels when you receive new messages on WhatsApp. You’ll be able to review this on Zapier by clicking on “Zaps“.
Step 5: Check out other ready-to-use WhatsApp and Zapier Automations
- WhatsApp and Zapier automation #1: Send a WhatsApp message when new Deal is created in Pipedrive - July 3, 2023
- WhatsApp and Zapier automation #2: Send a WhatsApp message when new Deal stage is changed in Pipedrive - July 3, 2023
- WhatsApp and Zapier automation #3: Send confirmation messages in WhatsApp for new Calendly events - July 3, 2023