By now you already know that TimelinesAI(WhatsApp) integration with Zoho CRM can sync all your incoming WhatsApp contacts to the specific module in Zoho CRM (Leads, Contacts, Deals, and many others). If not, please make sure to check the integration details.
In this post, we will take it two steps further and describe how to synchronize ownership of your lead/deal/contact/etc. at Zoho CRM with the responsible person in Timelines. For example: if the deal owner changes at Zoho, then the corresponding responsible person must also be assigned to the WhatsApp chat in TimelinesAI workspace.
Keep in mind that for this flow to work email addresses of your team members in Zoho CRM, should be the same as their email addresses in your TimelinesAI workspace.
You’ll require a bit of technical know-how for this setup, but don’t worry— we’ll lead you through the process:
- Connect Zoho CRM to TimelinesAI at https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/zoho_crm/
- Activate TimelinesAI WhatsApp integration with Zoho on the same page
- In this example we will assume that the “Sync destination” was set to “Leads”. But it can be any Zoho module.
- We will also assume that the “Select field to sync chat link (required)” was set to “Description”. But again, it can be any Zoho field.
- Open your Zoho CRM account > click the settings icon > click “Workflow Rules”
- Click “Create Rule”:
- Choose module: select the module where your WhatsApp contacts are synchronized to. This would be the same module you have selected as “Sync destination” at https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/zoho_crm/
- Enter desired Rule Name and Description
- WHEN section:
- When: select Records Action in the first drop down
- Select Edit in the second drop down
- Check the Repeat this workflow whenever a Contact is edited box
- Select Specific field(s) gets modified
- Find and select “Owner”
- Set is modified to to “any”
- Click “Next”
- CONDITION section:
- Which contacts would you like to apply the rule to?: select Contacts matching certain conditions
- Find and select “Source” in the first drop down
- Select Contains in the second drop down
- Type Timelines in the third box
- Click “Next”
- INSTANT ACTION section
- Click “Instant Action” > select “Function”> New Function > Write your Own.
- Function Name: type assign_responsible
- Display Name: type Assign Responsible
- Description: type assign responsible person to WhatsApp chat in TimelinesAI when the owner chages at Zoho
- Click “Edit Arguments” on the next page
- Create the first key. Add chatURL as a name > type # in the “Param value” box. A drop down will appear:
- Select the module where your WhatsApp contacts are synchronized to in the first drop down. This would be the same module you have selected as “Sync destination” at https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/zoho_crm/ . In our example “Contacts”.
- Select the field where you have matched the chat link to sync. This would be the same field you have selected for “Select field to sync chat link ” setting at https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/zoho_crm/ . In our example “Description”
- Create the second key. Add OwnerEmail as a name > type # in the “Param value” box. A drop down will appear:
- Select the Owner in the first drop down.
- Select Email in the second drop down
- Save your changes:
- Add following piece as your function code:
header_data = Map(); header_data.put("Content-Type","application/json");
parsedChatId = chatURL.replaceAll("[^0-9]","");
url_data = "https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/api/chats/" + parsedChatId;
body = Map();
response = invokeurl
- Open https://app.timelines.ai/integrations/api/ > Generate and copy a token. Add copied token instead of
XXXXXXXXXXXXin the above code
- Save and activate your flow
And you are done. Now whenever a module entry at Zoho is edited and assigned a new owner, the same owner will be assigned to a chat in TimelinesAI.