Assigning a chat to a particular teammate
How chats are assined by default
New chats from Whatsapp are assigned to the Owner by default. The chat may be re-assigned to another team member in the workspace.
In case if the teammate answers the unassigned chat, that chat will be automatically assigned to that teammate. It can be re-assigned manually as it’s described below.
A responsible teammate can be assigned to an individual chat as well as to a group chat.
How to assign chats
To assign a chat to yourself or someone else:
- Hover over a chat you want to assign
- Click the Assign icon in the floating menu on the right
- Choose the person from the list
- Press Assign
To assign several chats to a person at once:
- Select several chats by check-marking on the left side of particular chats
- Press the Assign button in the top menu
- Choose the person you want to assign from the list
To assign a chat from the Contact Info:
- Go into a chat and navigate to the Contact Info section on the right
- Click Responsible to see a drop-down menu
3. In the drop-down menu select a teammate you want to assign a chat to.
The selected user will receive an email and in-app notification, so this feature may be useful to set tasks to manage specific chats.
Note: You need to have other team members in your workspace for this to work. You can invite team members into TimelinesAI using the Team menu.
Tip: Assign feature combines well with the custom Assign filter. You can set a custom list that will display chats assigned to a specific teammate in a separate tab (e.g. display only chats assigned to “Katrine” or “Josh”, etc.).
Learn how to create custom Chat Filters here
Tip: Your team members may upload their profile icons in the My Profile tab. It will help to distinguish the chat ownership at a glance.